What to Post?

Well, it's been a couple weeks since I have posted . . . but unless you want to read about all of the wonderful and amazing things my kids do all the time, I have nothing to write!

Here's a little update about what has been going on here in the Haney Home. Our big news right now is that little Matthew was circumcised yesterday (is that how you spell that??) I just don't know how I feel about the whole thing!! Why did we do that to our sweet baby boy?? Just because society does it? Just because it's a little easier to clean?? Those reasons just don't really make his pain worth it to me. When he was born Luke and I had the talk about whether we would do it or not. I left it up to him (I mean he seems a little more capable to make a decision about that than me for obvious reasons right). So we did it. I don't really know how I feel about it though. Do I regret it, not really . . . I just don't understand it? Why are we doing this to our little boys. Didn't Paul say it no longer matters if your circumcised or not, Jesus died so that all may enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Either way, it's done. And he's doing OK, but clearly he's a little achey (I don't know how to spell that either). But I know he'll be just fine, and in a few weeks we won't even think about it any more . . . right?

Other news, Mandie and her little personality are getting funnier and funnier! Our sweet girl who is almost 21 months old is really starting to make herself clear. She is putting words together (for example: the other day at "school" she had on a shirt she apparently did not like and she told her teacher, "I no wear this no more!"), she is making her own little demands (for example: no more sitting in a high chair like a baby, she MUST . . . I repeat MUST sit in a regular chair at the table for dinner). Also, since 'Baby Brother' was born Mandie has had to spend a little more time in time out for not being "nice" to him. So now she enjoys putting everyone and everything in time out. She puts her bath toys in time out, she put her MiMi in time out, her babies go there, and I even went there once! (It seems only fair). Anyway, I love getting little peeks into her heart and mind as she gets bigger and bigger and more able to communicate and learn. She is so tender hearted, but she also is so determined and strong willed! It's such a combination!

OK, that's probably it for now. No pictures, I'll post some later. Please say a prayer for little Matthew and his healing! Also, please pray for my cousin Kristen who will be having her twins tomorrow via c-section.

Comments

  1. YEAH!! A POST AND A VERY GOOD ONE AT THAT!! I HOPE LITTLE MATTHEW IS FEELING ALRIGHT!! I HAVE KNOWN OF A 9 YR OLD GETTING ONE! YUCK!! lOVE YA!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The day we had Owen circumcised was the WORST day of my life. I felt terrible for him. It actually didn't seem to bother him much at all...but it bothered me tremendously.

    jeri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your understanding Jeri!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts