I'm An Emo Today

It's been one of those days.

It all started at 6:30 am as I snoozed away in bed, when the phone rang. I was called in to work on my day off.

OK, I can do this. No big deal.

So I go to work and we get all of our work done. Except that the classroom happens to be a total disaster of 4 and 5 year old's out of their seats turning in there work when the newspaper man decides to pop in and take some picures . . . if only he had been there 10 minutes before! Oh well.

Then I decide to let the kids play outside today because it's the nicest day we've had or will have in a long time. So out we go, we play play play. And when we come in . . . . . . . MUDDY FEET. My kids tracked in mud all down the hallway, all in the bathrooms, on the carpet!! Great!! My boss was so understanding and so nice, but I feel horrible. I wonder what it will look like tomorrow. At least the newspaper man was already gone at that point.

Then we went to our wed. play group. That, fortunately, was a real bright spot in my day. Then we come hope for a nap, also a lovely moment in my 'emo' day. Then, at 4:30 my midwife came over for a regular appt. Everything was great. I gained some weight, My blood pressure was great, time to hear the HB. First she gooes my tummy, and then she remembers that her doppler is out of battery. Then she de-gooes my tummy, then she goes to the gas station for a battery. She returns and re-gooes my tummy and spends about 5 minutes looking for a HB. No luck. An uncomfortable silence begins to fill my living room when Luke walks in the door from work. He assesses the situation and asks if he can have a go at it. He places that doppler on my belly and . . . . bum bum, bum bum, bum bum at about 150 bpm. That was a very emotional 5 minutes. Praise God for that HB!

Then I have to go to the grocery store because we are OUT of food, and I have to work tomorrow and Friday. Mandie and I return from the store and I start feeling very overwhelmed. We need to unpack groceries, eat, make lunches, take baths, lay out our stuff for tomorrow, change a poopie diaper. I find myself tearing up over the kitchen sink, feeling tired, overwhelmed, and just plain EMOtional.

Luke finds me there and listens to my concerns. He proceeds to unpack all groceries, pack up lunches, feed Mandie, and totally lighten my load. So, I'm a little teary tonight . . . but I know that I'm doing all the things the Lord is asking of me, and I know he will continue to lighten my load and provide for my spirit and body. So for now, I'll hold back on the body piercings, purple hair, and skinny jeans.

Comments

  1. Cassie, I am so sorry that you have had a rough day. It looks like this little girl, (becuase I think it is a girl!), is going to be a fun one! If you need anything, just let me know and Ellie and I can try to work some magic. Although, Luke is quite the husband, I'm sure he has it all handled. Can't wait to see y'all Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, I have HAD those days! i am so thankful Luke found the heartbeat...PRAISE GOD! I hope that the Lord blesses your days the next two and you find a little peace instead of chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you hand such a rough day..glad that the baby is ok...you too!!! Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my friend! What a day. You are a trooper. Praise the Lord for loving hubbies and the Holy Spirit for His comfort!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts