Mysterious Ways

I am going to try to re-cap a conversation Mandie and I had this morning. First of all, let me say that Mandie is at a point in her life where she is trying to figure out what it means to get married. A couple from our church re-newed their vows a few weeks ago which had a big impression on her, she has a princess movie where the princess marries her prince, and other stuff like that seems to make her little mind start ticking away, because she's really trying to figure it out.

So this morning I was in my bathroom getting ready, and Mandie was in my bedroom talking to me and she looked up at the picture from our wedding. She said with lots of excitement, "Oh Mommy! You're getting married!! Do you want to get married again, today??"

I replied, "I'm not planning on getting married again today, but if your Daddy asked me, then I would marry him again!"

Mandie: "Or if God asked you? You could marry him."

Mom: "Ya, if God asked me to marry him I would marry him, too."

Mandie: "God is in my belly button Mommy, if I can find a way to get in my belly button then I can get married with him!!!!"

Mom: "What? God is in your belly button? Why?"

Mandie: "I don't know, He just is. And I can get married with Him when he is in my belly button."

What is that!! I don't know what she is thinking! Hopefully she will eventually come to the realization that God, who may or may not be in her belly button (because all things are possible with Him right??), loves her very much and has a perfect plan for her that may very well include marraige and children. But I'm kinda wondering how we will get from here to there.

What I think is so precious is that anyone who knows Mandie knows that she loves her belly button. Ever since she was little, she would suck her thumb and tug on her belly button to fall asleep or find comfort. I think it is so interesting that she has somehow made an association between her belly button and her Lord.

Who knows?? Anyway, this was a conversation that I did not want to forget.

Comments

  1. That is too cute! Mandie you are precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny. Girls are so different than boys and I love that she is into weddings and marriages. It just shows the beauty her heart was made for. Maybe for her, living in her belly button is even more special than living in her heart. When Noah was little and we tried to explain that Jesus lives in your heart, he took it that he lived in his bell as well (just not his belly button :). I bet she is getting so big. We would love to see you all sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little girl! And don't you know that conversation made the Lord smile and have a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts