Ruidoso Family Reunion!

Good News! I'm blogging early!! Who needs to do school work anyway?

OK, first of all, who knew that you spell Ruidoso like that!! I honestly wrote in my planner:
Ria Dosa. Luke was like, honey . . . that's not how you spell it. I spelled it so wrong it like made Luke sad. Anyway, he's happy again now.

Ruidoso was a very very very wonderful vacation!! We left on Thursday and arrived in time for dinner on Thursday evening. The trip down was good. We just turned on the wiggles, read some books, drew some pictures, the kids did great. While we were there we went hiking, shopping, eating, and we spent some great time with our cousins! Not to mention there was one day that I got a two, count 'em TWO hour nap, followed by a 30 minute massage! Mandie and Matthew were so good the whole time! We got to see little Emma and Noah, they are our cousins Casey and Kristen's twins that were born just weeks after Matthew. We spent time with Dusty and Heather who have a little boy coming soon. We spent some time with Grand Mimi, Mandie and Matthew's great grandmother, she was related to everyone there . . . all 5 of the babies (counting the one on the way) are her great grand-children! And the way home was easily the most pleasant car trip I have had since having children . . . Thank you Lord!!

Of course, we took two camera's down and only took like 3 pictures the entire time. But we will get some pics from our family and I'll post them soon.

Thank you Lord for creating the mountains! Thank you for your majesty. Thank you for quiet moments and quiet places. Thank you for your love. Thank you for family. Please help me to create a family in my home that resembles the one you have created for us in Heaven! I love you Lord! Amen!!

O
H!! I almost forgot! The last night we were there we went Go-Cart racing. When we arrived I didn't even think that I would race, it didn't even occur to me that it was an option. I just thought I'd watch the babies while the boys did there thing. We'll, there were so many g-ma's there to do the watching I decided to race right along with the boys! Mandie almost went with me. She was really really excited about getting into the car, until it was actually time to get into the car at which point she had a major melt-down. So Mimi came and rescued her. But she did not like even watching Mom and Dad race. Mimi said she kept saying "get off Mommy!!" through her tears! Anyway, my racing instincts kicked in and I finished the race ahead of all of those boys! That's right, I won, yeehaa!! It probably had something to do with the fact that the boys were to busy bumping and crashing to worry about racing. Oh well, I'll take what I can get! I really do love racing. I know why I was a runner in my younger years. It really gets my adrenaline going. I think I'll have to do that more often! OK, that was one moment I didn't want to forget in my Reah-Dough-suh memories. Have a lovely day!

Comments

  1. I have never been to Ruidoso but everyone that ever goes always talks about how fun it is. May need to check it out and see what all the talk is about! :) Isn't it wonderful when car rides don't become scream fest for cranky babies??

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your weekend was what you wanted! Let's go drive some race cars! May be a girls night out in the up coming weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying for a girls night out!! Let's shoot for before little Jace makes his big arrival!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a great time. Way to beat the boys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts