Babies, Babies Everywhere . . . but not a wink to sleep!

Today was my first day as a sub at kid university! (OK, not really a sub today. I was a babysitter while all the actual teachers had a meeting). Anyway, I was in the nursery with my new friend Sara (who I felt so blessed and inspired by today), and six little babies (including my Matthew and her Sydney). We had mostly smooth sailing, but towards the end a lot of little ones were missing there own Mommy's and their own beds. There was one little one who really didn't get even a wink of sleep all day, she would rock and swing, and happily not nap while she rocked!) It was a fun day full of rocking, bouncing, and baby talk! Mandie stayed in there with me and she did a TERRIFIC job! She would talk to the babies and make them laugh and smile. She found a little baby doll that she nursed, and changed her diaper, and carried all around. Mandie is an enormous blessing in my life. I am so filled by her sweetness, her humor, and her loving and caring spirit! Anyway, it was fun. And when we got home I was SO TIRED! It probably did not help that I have been up since 5 am with my little man! I am really looking forward to spending more time up there and getting to know all of the other Mama's and their little bundles of joy (of all ages)! And what I really want to do is listen and watch and learn the diffierent ways these admirable, loving, Godly women run their families and teach / love on their children, and then pray and pray that being around them makes some of their good stuff rub off on me!!

Comments

  1. Amen! This group of ladies is phenomenal and my prayer is that we will all rub off on each other - in a good way! I look forward to seeing you at KU more this year (and hopefully have a more calm day!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! So glad you met my friend Sara...she is great!
    I hope you have fun at KU. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts