Confessions on the Pot

OK, these confessions are not actually ON the pot . . . but they are related to the pot. Two posts down I make a lot of braggadocios (spelling??) statements about Mandie and her potty training achievements. Let me set the record straight that I may not be a stumbling block for any other mommies out there who may be struggling (as I actually am too) with the pot. The following confessions are in no particular order:
#1. Luke and I felt that maybe Mandie was getting too much sugar eating all those suckers for going tee tee on the pot. So we upped the ante and told her that if she tee tee'd on the pot she could put a sticker on the chart, but if she went Poo Poo on the pot THEN she got a SUCKER!!! By getting really excited about it, we hoped that she would go along with it . . . Mandie immediately decided that without a sucker, peeing in the pot really isn't all that exciting . . . even if you still get to sing the "Mandie went tee tee in the Pot-ty!" song.
#2. When Mandie goes tee tee on the pot, she does get really excited and say,"Mommy, I go tee tee in the potty!!" But, she also has announced many times to me: "Mommy, I go tee tee in my diaper!" "Mom, I go tee tee on the floor!" "Mommy, I go tee tee in the tub!" "Mommy, I go tee tee in my panties!" Each of which is immediately followed by, "need, need, need . . . need sucker, Mommy!"
#3. I think Mandie may go to college before she learns to go poo poo in the pot! If she needs to go, and we manage to convince her to try sitting on the pot before it's too late, she simply cries out "I can't I can't!!" with a lot of drama and puppy dog eyes until we all agree that she should go poo poo in a diaper. After going poo poo in a diaper, Mandie is very convinced that she needs to see her poop. I have no idea why, but it's really the only way I can convince her to let me change her diaper, if she gets to see it! I guess I thought that would be a boy thing. Hmmm.
#4. I have not even thought about night training. She wears a diaper every night. I have no idea how you do night training, and I have no idea how long it will be until we are there. Any advice here?

That's enough confessing for one night. I would however like to add that Mandie and her potty training status is ever changing. Some days are great. Some days are diaper days all day long. But everyday must be one day closer to all potty all the time. To all you other sweet Mama-cita's out there on the front lines (a.k.a. the bath mat) hard at work encouraging, inspiring, and applauding your little one and their pottying efforts: I have no advice. I think everyone just does the best they can, and eventually every little girl or guy just gets it! Good luck!!

Comments

  1. Yeah, that potty training thing is mystifying! May God Bless You...and your POTTY...seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up!! We gave Alyssa one skittle for going tee-tee and two if she went poop. It worked great. Then when she was getting really good we went to the sticker thing. i took her with me to the teacher store and had her help me pick the poster to put the stickers on and got small ones for going tee-tee and big sparkly sticker for going poop. She seemed to be ok with that. Then we just gave her candy if she woke up dry from her nap or at night. We are still working on the night stuff so be patient...she will get it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts