Life to the Full

Last night I finished 'The Last Lecture'. . . at 1:48 AM! I DO NOT stay up that late! What on earth was I thinking? I really regretted it at 5 this morning when Matthew decided it was a good time to wake up! Ughhh!

ANYWAY, the book was AWESOME! It's about a professor who was given just months to live right when he found out he had prostate cancer. Basically, he talks about all of the life he has packed into his 47 years. He talks about the lessons he's learned. He talks a lot about achieving his childhood dreams. And boy, is he inspirational! This man truly lived. He lived to the full, he lived with passion, happiness, and joy. I highly recommend you read it for yourself, it will make you a more driven person, and probably improve you attitude in general. I certainly hope that's what it does for me.

Now I want to mention what happened related to this book the other day. When I began reading, I assumed that the author, Randy Pausch, had already passed away from his cancer. However, on the radio the day before yesterday (I think) I heard that he had passed away that morning. I was about 3/4 of the way through the book when I heard that news.

One of the main purposes of this book is to give his 3 kids an insight into who there father was, what he was like, what he valued and accomplished, and what he wanted for them. He is very fank, very vulnerable, and it seems very much himself. Therefore, when you read you really feel like you get to know the guy. So when I found out he had passed that morning, my mind went to what his wife and kids must have been going through at that moment. What his colleagues were thinking. What his students were thinking. I was able to appreciate this man's life, and mourn with those who actually knew him.

It makes me think about the life of Jesus. He came, and he packed SO MUCH LIFE into his 33 years. He brought joy, laughter, healing. He never lost his perspective. He never lost his love. He was insightful, inspirational, good with words, wise . . . and yet personable, very easy to love, and always wanting the ultimate best for those around him (meaning salvation, love, peace, hope, etc). The best part is that not even death was able to get rid of Jesus. He died, and yet he lives. His spirit is here. And it is my job and your job to pass on His love, His character, His joy, His luster for life.

Whatever you do, do it all for the Glory of God!

Comments

  1. I've heard great things about that book. I love the comparison you made, it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great comparison. Thanks for sharing. There is also a great video of him giving him his last lecture on line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your post, thanks for being encouraging. see you today...yes I am up at 5:14 am in the morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY Goodness.....I am so technologically challenged, I have been trying to leave you a comment for the longest time and could get past the Identity.....WOW....anyway I love the new pictures you have up, they are both such BEAUTIFUL children! Love you girl and miss you TONS! Give me a holla when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts