Fly Lady Here!!

You know who I'm talking about, there are those people out there. They are moms, they have like 14 kids, they home-school them all, they volunteer at their church, they take in stray animals, and their house is always clean, their food is always on the table, and their kids are always happy and never feeling neglected. Yup, those people. The people who set that standard. You know that standard. Never loosing your patience, never having a disagreeable expression on your face, never acknowledging the problems in your life. Yup, that standard. I am here to say that as of today I am convinced that those people simply do not exist! Where are they? Why am I feeling guilty over not being able to be like these non-people with really really high standards! Don't get me wrong, I have standards. I value clean houses and food. I believe in creating a safe environment for my kids to grow up in, I want to fulfill my passions and my calling . . . but what I think I am done with here is guilt! That's right, no more guilt over these things. Part of life is the ugly part, the tired part, the less than happy part. That part is very important. It fosters learning, character, relationships, and calling on Jesus! It's here. That part is here. And instead of trying to hide it or not acknowledge it I will learn from it, grow from it, and really really live it. Wow, if feels good to get that out.
Now, you might be wondering how does all of this relate to Fly Lady. Who is she? Where is she? What does she do? Well, a friend of mine posted a question to other Mom's asking how the heck they keep up with house work with a baby. It got me to thinking about Fly Lady and how she has helped me, so I am sharing her with you now. Fly Lady can be found at http://www.flylady.net/ . She teaches you how to declutter your house (if you don't love it and you don't use it then you don't need it). She teaches you how to clean your house. And, she does not believe in guilt. It's all about baby steps and doing a little at a time.
Now, you may be one of those people who is organized enough to already be on top of your house work. You have a routine, you know what to clean, when to clean it and how to clean it. You, my friend, are my hero! I wish I was like you, but sadly. . . I am like me. I like things clean, it is very important to me that things are clean and that I can find my things when I want them. However, I do not inherently know what to clean, how to clean, or when to clean . . . that is why Fly Lady became my answer. Although I do not follow all of her rules completely, I have been using her methods for about a year now and my life and my house have really perked up! So, to all of you who may be like me, I hope this is your answer! And remember, you're not behind . . . you're just getting started!!

Proverbs 31:17 She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.

Comments

  1. I was just wondering if I should get her book! We are about to get our first house and i was thiniking there HAS to be a method to this stuff...especially if we are going to have lots of kids and homechool, ect. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you do if the Fly Lady overwhelms you? Just kidding...sort of. She does have GREAT ideas, but I still get behind and feel way guilty. I am the Queen of Guilt! Reading your post made me want to revisit her site because it is full of such great ideas. Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely check this out! Thanks!!!

    J

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post was so encouraging, cassie! i'm glad taylor directed me to your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily! It was neat to see you at Katherine's wedding. I'd love to read your blog, but I can't find it! Love Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fly lady. She's just so....fly!
    Great post as well. Amen to all said!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bravisimo!!! I checked out her site and need to go back. I get overwhelmed even still. I think that I am not getting it quite yet!

    Take care, my friend!
    Cristina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts