Ode to Mandie Lee






Well, now that my dear daughter has a little brother it seems that she's just not getting quite as much attention as she used to. So in my effort to make her feel very loved and special, I wrote a little poem! (Not that she can read it of course, but I read it to her and she loved it!) and I am posting some recent pictures of her.

Ode to Mandie Lee

Mandie Lee, my sweet little one
She's smart, silly, energetic, and FUN!
She loves to pull her bow undone,
And why would she walk when she can RUN!

Mandie Lee, she's oh so cute!
She thinks it's hilarious if she happens to toot!
Her favorite afternoon snack is fruit,
For my little girl there is no substitute!

Mandie Lee, how she loves her Dad!
Who gets her laughing, even if she's mad,
And she tells on him if he's been bad.
They love each other & it makes them glad!

Mandie Lee loves to hold 'baby bruder'
Which seems to make mommy worry and shudder!
Seeing them together is a feeling like no . . . udder?
Good luck getting that little boy from her!

Dear Lord, thank you for sweet Mandie Lee!
Without her . . . what would life be?
She brings joy to my heart and gives happy memories.
I will love her forever! Oh yes indeed!!

And here are a few more pictures of my little home-maker!!

Ok, the other day we went to my friend Katherine's wedding, and I thought I would try putting sponge rollers in her hair for the event! She looked so cute with the rollers in, but not so much when they came out!! I guess her hair needs to grow out a little more. Any advice about these rollers?


Last night Mandie was wearing one of Matthew's hats, sitting in his bouncer and drawing. Just had to take a picture!

P.S. Mandie misses you MiMi!! She can't wait to see you and she hopes you are feeling much better!!

Comments

  1. Mandie is such a cutie pie. When I see her on the carpet drawing, it reminds me so much of Ethan. He loves to draw and act like he is writing. It will be great one day to have the kids play together! What a thought.

    Love,
    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! We've been dazzling up our driveway with many colorful creations as well. Maybe we can get together and chalk up the neighborhood soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts