What A Man . . . What A Mighty Good Man

I would like to dedicate this post to my husband. He has spent the past three weekends (and a few week nights) working on getting our kitchen wrapped up before my body decides to go into labor, which could be any time since I am now 37 weeks. He has served as a a carpenter, an electrician, a texture-er??, a painter, a floater, and an optometrist during his day job. AND, since I was not here most of the time (so Mandie and I didn't have to breath the fumes) I have no idea what else he did that he's too humble to brag about to me. He built a wall in the kitchen, he cut out the bar that used to be attached to the counter top and patched it up really well! He installed recessed lighting in the ceiling, he lowered all the outlets to the appropriate height, he raised the switches to the right height, he wired a light switch that allows us to turn on the light in the sun room without having to go out into the cold, he tore down all the wooden siding off the walls, put up new walls and textured, primed and painted them, he cut all the new base-boards and trim around the doors, and he put them up. And, what sets him apart from other men is that he was constantly sweeping up and cleaning up as he went so that Mandie and I wouldn't breath in dust, and the mess did not take over the whole house (he knows that a woman who is less than 3 weeks away from giving birth is 'nesting' which means messes really freak me out and stress me out and make me feel very overwhelmed!). So that was really thoughtful of him! Furthermore, he installed a chandelier over the table and picked out a low watt bulb for it so that when Mandie and I get up to eat breakfast it's not too bright, that is so sweet and thoughtful!

Luke, thank you so much for all of your hard work! Thank you for taking care of us all, and thank you for having such a great attitude while you work! We love you and we are so lucky to have you!!!

I am not going to post pictures yet because I need to straighten up in there and hang some stuff on the walls, but I love it and I couldn't be happier with it! Phase 1 of the kitchen is complete. (we are still going to do something with the cabinets, counter tops, and install tile floors) but that's another day . . . thank goodness!

I would also like to say thanks to MiMi and Granddad (Luke's parents), Richard, and James for their contributions as well! We love ya'll!!

Comments

  1. Way to go Luke!!!! :) Can't wait to see it and meet baby Haney!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts