Christmas 2007

Hello again, well Christmas this year was another wonderful time with our friends and family! Mandie and I had a cold the entire time, but we still had fun. Today we are resting and recovering from the festivities! and trying to figure out where on earth to put all of her new toys!
We also received some gifts for our new baby on the way, there's nothing like newborn 'onesies' to make you realize you are very close to having another baby!! Luke had a great time over the break, and he was such a wonderful and helpful dad and husband the entire time! I am so thankful to be his wife!! Anyway, here is a rundown of our Holiday:

On the 23rd we went over to my in-laws house because Luke and his dad, brother, and some cousins and other friends set up their amps and guitars and drums (and who knows what else) to play music for the rest of us to enjoy. (they do this every year) My parents came to listen for a while, and Mandie got into the action on the electric drums with her Granddad! Here are some of those pictures:
Luke playing the keyboard
Luke and his Cousin James
Granddad Haney and Mandie Lee

Mandie with MiMi and NaNa
On Christmas Eve we opened presents with the Grandmother Haney in the morning, and with the Cooper side later that evening. We had a lot of fun! Here are those pictures.
Mandie with Uncle Jake
Mandie and Mommy
Mandie with her Great-Grandmother Cooper "Gran"

On Christmas Day, we got up and got ready and then we drove to Lubbock with my Mom, Dad, and niece Whitney to spend Christmas Day with my Pop-C (who is 93 by the way) and my Aunt LaJean (whose age I will keep to myself). Here are Christmas Day pictures:

Nana, Cousin Whitney and Mandie

Mandie sharing her cookies with Daddy
Luke after a game of Cowboys and Indians with Whitney
All in all we realized this year how very blessed we are to be in Amarillo, so close to the people we care about the most. We also realized how blessed we are to have the things we have and to be able to provide for our sweet daughter. But we also know that the things we have do not compare to the gift we have received from our Lord, who has adopted us into His family through the sacrifice of His Son Jesus Christ! How wonderful it is to celebrate the birth of Jesus, and to remember the gift he gave us of eternal life with Him!

Comments

  1. Hey girl! I am so excited I found your blog! Looks like things are going great for you, your little girl is precious! Have a wonderful New Years and enjoy your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassie! Glad you found me and glad I now have another blog to read as I avoid doing other less fun things like laundry and grading papers. :) Congrats on baby #2. Mandie is absolutely adorable. Please tell your sweet parents I said hello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pictures! Please keep them coming!

    With much love,
    Cristina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts