Do Your Ears Hang Low

For many moons Mandie Lee has been wanting to get her ears pierced. Luke and I decided that would be her Christmas present from us this year. So today we went to Claire's and she boldly and bravely endured the pain that many a girl has endured before her. I was so hoping there would be enough people there to do both ears at the same time, but it didn't work out that way. Still, my brave little girl held back the tears while the job was done. I think I was 8 or 9 when I sat in the same spot to get mine pierced 20 years ago. My Mom-in-Law remembers when she got hers done, her mom just heated a safety pin over a flame to sterilize it and pushed it through her ears when she was a girl. OUCH! I don't think I could have ever done that! Different times I guess.
I love you Mandie Lee, even with holes in your ears!! Merry Christmas!!

Comments

  1. exciting! Paisley will be so excited to see that her and Mandie both have them done now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts