A Bear of Very Little Brain

Fluff!

I feel often times that my head, unfortunately, is filled rather sparingly, which is also unfortunate, with fluff. After 257 pages of Winnie the Pooh (which is still 5 chapters short of the end), I have concluded that pooh and I have two things in common, a sweet tooth, and a fluff-filled noggan. Thankfully, after much effort on my part and much answered prayer on the Lord's part, I honestly feel like I am becoming much less of a flake. As far as I know, I have missed fewer appointments, returned more phone calls, and been late far less often. Praise The Lord!! In some strange way I feel like homeschooling has given me the right amount of structure and responsiblity to help me get my cotton picking act together! I am so relieved. It is worrisome to me that another pregnancy may in fact put me right back in flake-ville, not that I am pregnant . . . just speculating.

In other news, I met a lovely lady in Bible class this morning who also suffers from Rhuematoid Arthritis. She also handles her arthritis non-medically. She also has found that she feels really good when she cuts out wheat, sugar and dairy (and she even cuts out pork) from her diet. She is in her early 60's and has had RA for about 10 years. I am in my late 20's and have had RA for about 5 years. I am so hopeful that I will be able to manage my RA this way forever. BOOOO harmful arthritis meds!!!!! I have been walking a couple of miles most evenings for several months, and I even jog here and there when my body feels really good. I think the regular exercise is making a huge positive difference as well!

Here's an interesting fact: I have been married to an optomestrist for 4 years, yet I have not had an eye exam during that time.In Luke's 4th year of optometry school he began seeing patients. I eagerly made my way downtown to be one of his first patients. He gave me an exam, told me I had perfect vision and did not need glasses, then joked with his professor that that was an 'exam in a can' because I had nothing wrong and required no perscription. Here we are four years later and I feel like I'm having trouble seeing the print on signs at long distances. Sure enough, after giving me a non-can eye exam on Saturday, Luke informed me that I am in fact far-sighted (what a shame that I do not know how to spell that word . . . is that how you spell it? I'll ask him later!!) He proceeded to fit me with a new pair of glasses that I received yesterday. Within just minutes of putting those babies on, I could see EVERYTHING! Every sign, all the leaves on the trees, the fine details of pictures, I even felt like a was seeing the clouds in a whole new way. It was awesome!! Also, I don't squint anymore. I don't have to. I can see everything clearly, no squinting required. Hooray for glasses!! After being that man's patient, I am simply amazed by what a skillful doctor he is. I am also so impressed by the happy atmoshphere he has created in his office. What a mighty good man. In my next post I'll try to put up a picture of me sporting my new eyeware! Until then, hope you and yours are well!!



Comments

  1. My friend, I just love reading your blog. Hooray for seeing clearly! I remember the same reaction when I first got my glasses. I was like 12 years old and I couldn't stop looking at the trees and all the leaves individually moving. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts