A Mandie Moment

One of my favorite things about Mandie is that she knows what she wants. She is not one who has a hard time deciding what she likes, what she thinks is good, or which one is the best. It's great! Her opinion is strong. Occassionally, believe it or not, Mandie will feel quite strongly that something I have done, said, or enforced is not a good idea in her opinion. And, of course, she generally has no problem telling me all that is wrong with what I have done. I am grown, and I usually have confidence that I am making a good decision despite her remarks, but occasionally it will get to me when she is unhappy with me for long periods of time. But last night in the car, my little girl made my day and she didn't even know it.

Mandie: Matthew, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Matthew: I want to be a (some word no one could understand) duy. (duy means guy)
Mandie: I want to be a princess when I grow up.

Mandie: And then after I'm a princess I want to be a runner girl.

Mandie: And then after I'm a runner girl, I want to be a teacher.

Those words are precious to me. Although I was never a princess, I was once a runner girl, and now I am a teacher. It's good to know that even though she's displeased with me much of the time, Mandie looks up to me, she's proud of me, it's a great feeling!

I love you little girl!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts