Ephesians 2:10

While tucking Mandie in tonight I was telling her that her Dad and I had been discussing an allowance for her. I told her, in short, that she would have to do some chores (age appropriate of course), and if she completed her chores she would recieve an allowance. Mandie got the saddest look on her face and started to cry. She said, "No Mommy! I don't want to do any chores! Cinderella had to do chores and she did not like them! ahu ahu ahu ahu ahu . . . " So I giggled at her and explained that we would not be treating her like Cinderella, and I told her that if she did not like the word 'chores' we could pick another word, like 'job', or 'work'. She decided she likes the word 'work'. So she was very happy about that, and as I was getting up to leave the room so she could go to sleep, I heard that precious little girl say, "I am cweated to do good work" as her little eyes shined up at me from under her comforter.

Oh, that just filled my heart in so many ways. I teach Mandie's little Sunday School Class on Sunday mornings, and that is the verse we have been remembering for the past several weeks (Ephesians 2:10). It's nice to know that it's sinking in. And it's nice to see her making some good connections. The Lord is so good to His little children!

Comments

  1. My friend, this is such a precious look at Mandie. What a moment. I love how the Lord encourages us with reminders that they are listening.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts