Man on a Mission

OK, make that woman on a mission. Here's my plan:

Well, let me begin by giving you a little history. For a long time, most of the spring and about half of the summer I had a very distinct prayer that cam from Psalm 51 (NCV). My prayer was, "Lord, make me want to obey you". I needed Him to give me the motivation and clear direction for what he wanted me to do. And, of course, he came through, and here I am working at the King's Academy and feeling like I am in accordance with the will of God for me, the best feeling in the world!

So, back to now. For several weeks my new prayer has been, "Lord, teach me how to live". Meaning, teach me how spend a day the right way. Lately, I have been feeling at the end of every day like I am missing something, and I like I am doing something wrong. So last night I finished up the book of Psalms (which took me about 27 years to complete!), and I moved along to the book of Proverbs. I am reading in 'The Message' version. The intro to the book of proverbs basically said, "this is a book that will teach you how to live your everyday life". So, yet again, the Lord has come through (Big shocker right!!) Why am I always surprised when he does what he always does every time?

Anyway, here's my mission. To gain wisdom, understanding, insight, and 'Fear of God'. Thus yeilding a full life lived without regret, to gain favor with God and man. My plain is to read the book of Proverbs in every version I have available, and to pray diligently for the afore mentioned qualities.

I am pumped! I can't wait to learn what the Lord has to teach me!! I can't wait to see how my life begins to change for the better! Praise be to the God, our Father, who daily bears our burdens!

Comments

Popular Posts