Lord, I'm Amazed

Today I completed my second day with students at the King's Academy. My time there has left me amazed. Amazed that the Lord has provided all of the needs for the school and the students. Amazed that I have found a job that allows me to spend so much time with my kids while I'm there. Amazed that when I got home from work today my entire house had been cleaned top to bottom by my most amazing husband. Amazed at how tired I truly am. And amazed at the route the school is taking to get where it's going. I'll try to remember little anecdotal stories to share on my blog.

Here is a little something that happened today:
We were talking about what sin is. Mrs. O was giving an example that stealing candy from walmart would be considered a sin. One little boy raised his hand to get her attention and blurted out enthusiastically, "Mrs. O, my mom stealed a cake for me before my birthday!!". Yeah, he was pretty proud of his Mom.

I know the kids at our school may have a different 'norm' than I'm used to. But I also know that God will whisper in their hearts, He will draw them near to Him, and He alone can change their direction and direct their path. I'm AMAZED that I'll get to watch Him do it for these kids. Please continue to pray for the 'King's Kids', and for the teachers up there, too!

Comments

  1. One Sunday, while we were praying with our Sunday School kids, I opened my eyes to see a student stealing candy from the bucket. While we were praying!! I guess that is a teachable moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassie, I am amazed at you. Truly blessed to be your friend, looking forward to more time with you--whenever that may be:) Keep up the good work, God is using you in extraordinary ways!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts