Dirty Dozen/Clean Fifteen

Lately I've been trying to buy more organic food. However, it has caused me to literally run out of grocery money from time to time. Not good!! Inorganic food is certainly much better than no food at all I'd say!! Anyway, Luke found a list of what foods to buy organic and what foods are OK to buy the regular way. Here's the results:

The Dirty Dozen (buy these organic!):
1. Peach (worst)
2. Apple
3. Bell Pepper
4. Celery
5. Nectarine
6. Strawberries
7. Cherries
8. Kale
9. Lettuce
10. Grapes
11. Carrots
12. Pear (best)

The clean 15 (lowest in pesticides):
1. Onion (best)
2. Avocado
3. Sweet Corn
4. Pineapple
5. Mango
6. Asparagus
7. Sweet Peas
8. Kiwi
9. Cabbage
10. Eggplant
11.Papaya
12.Watermelon
13.Broccoli
14.Tomato
15.Sweet Potato (worst)

Do you buy organic?

Comments

  1. I've been trying to buy organic but as you say it can get expensive. I really want to try to start buying meat and milk products organic b/c of the added hormones they put in there but man it isn't cheap! I'm glad you have that list...i found it awhile ago and it has helped me to narrow down the things that I really need to buy organic. Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you know me, I'm "Certified" organic :) haha!

    I try to buy every single thing they offer in organics at HEB. But right now, I only have 50 bucks for groceries next week..I think this call for NOT organic, preservative and sodium filled HAMBURGER HELPER! UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you noticed that the healthier a food the more expensive it is? Its no wonder low income/uneducated people are the most over weight. I have become a bit educated about nutrition the past few years and my grocery bill has doubled! (I don't even buy organic, just fresh)It's really not right!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts