We Wash You A Merry Christmas!

A few nights ago I was giving Mandie and Matt their evening bath, and I was having trouble getting Mandie to stand up so I could soap her off. I said, "Mandie, stand up so I can wash you . . . stand up, honey . . . Mandie stand up and let me wash you." Apparently the words "wash you" came out of my mouth a lot, and Mandie just pondered on them for a moment, and then she stood up and smiled a HUGE smile and began singing, "we WASH you a Merry Christmas". It was an "A-Ha" moment for her indeed. I didn't correct her, I was too busy laughing and she was too busy singing"

It is officially Christmas time around here. Our tree is up with wrapped packages underneath! Our stockings are hung, we even lit a fire in the fireplace tonight (our first one ever in this house . . . it was a moment for me). And Luke made homemade sugar cookies! I still need to decorate the house in general, but it is certainly feeling very merry around here! LOVE CHRISTMAS!!

Mandie is 2 1/2. She is officially old enough for us to "do" Christmas. I feel such so much responsibility to be in charge of Christmas for my kids. I've never really felt this way before, but I'm really excited about it!

Last weekend my mom and I flew to Dallas for a girls weekend without Mandie to celebrate my Mom's birthday. It was such a wonderful break, but it was so nice to see Mandie's sweet face when I got back. I took Matthew because he's still nursing, but he was great the entire trip (except, of course, at night when he was supposed to be sleeping!) We literally shopped until we DROPPED! We spent like 8 hours total in Allen at the outlet mall there. It was so fun! Even though my mom and I live in the same city, we rarely spend time together just for us. It was awesome to be with her!

I've been doing some subbing at Mandie's school, which is always wonderful! I will sub again on Tuesday in the 1 year old room (can't wait to see ya Hayden!). As far as school goes,I am literally 50 questions (in the form of 3 quizzes) away from graduating!! I have no idea how to be a non-student. I have been a student for 20 years, and (Lord willing of course) it's all about to be over! Who will I be now?? I hope to teach part time at Amarillo College, and just enjoy the fact that there are no due dates looming over my head. I also hope to really develop my friendships, and BE that woman that I always wanted to grow up into!

OK, bedtime!! I WASH you a happy day!

Comments

  1. That is so sweet! I just love Mandie! It is great that your about to be out of school! I am starting nursing school in the spring and am so nervous. See ya Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Mandie! LOVE her too!
    Can't wait to see you at Christmas. :)
    I love it too!

    YAY for graduating soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious Girl! We need to get together over the holidays--we don't have to have MOMS to see each other, you know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you and your sweet family!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts