Mandie's Mouth

Today was a WONDERFUL day! We went to a play date this morning at my new (well, not so new anymore I guess), and dearly loved friend, Avery's house. I told her today that she is my domestic inspiration. Here's why: we tie-dyed shirts orange. Then we drew faces on all the tie-dyed circles so they looked like little jack-o-lanterns! And then we had lunch. I guess to me that is the kind of thing that you say, "Wow, that would be so cool to do". But actually doing it would never cross my mind. She's awesome! We ran out of one dye half way through, so their shirts aren't exactly the same shade of orange, but still lots of fun was had.
That last one is a pic of all of the kids who were at the play date this morning. Matthew is the short guy in the middle. Mandie is practicing her Miss America wave. Ashlyn's in the pink dress towards the left. Paisley and Keyton are on the far left end. And little Sydney is in between. The other two boys were so sweet, they are the sons of one of Avery's friends.

Then, we came home and the baby's took naps. Then, I got to spend some time on the phone with my sweet cuz, Kristen. Then, I made dinner in the blender. That's right, I made tortilla soup in the blender! Just check out the picture! You blend that stuff up, then add meat, corn, and tortilla chips. It works just like the info-mercial would have you believe! And the best part, it was pretty tasty! Luke has already requested it again for next week, that never happens!!

Then, our new fish tank came in the mail. So we put in the rocks and the water, it was all very exciting for Mandie. We went to the fish shop a few days ago and she picked out some pink 'goldfish' for her tank. She can't wait for those little guys! We will add the fish in a few more days, once the water is ready for them.

Then, we put the babes to bed. And then, I met my previously mentioned sweet and dearly loved friend Avery at the gym and we worked out for a while. And now, blogging.

Yeah, good day!

OH! Let me share what came out of Mandie's sweet little mouth today. This happened about half an hour after we read her little Baby Bible. She walked out of her room with her baby doll in her little hand-held shopping basket and said, "Look Mom, my baby like baby Moses!!".

It may be that I find this story so sweet and so adorable and so smart because I brought this child into the world, but I do truly think that it was such a precious moment!

Thank you Lord for good days!

I hope your day was awesome too!

Comments

Popular Posts