Motivation from Montana

A group of mostly retired men and women from Montana arrived at our base a few days ago. Most are in their 60's, and most have sold their belongings to give God their retirement years working through YWAM. They are here helping out our base because we are understaffed. They have been pulling weeds, mowing, trimming plants, washing dishes, etc . . . you know, just serving.

How different they are than most of the retirees I have met. The ones who have always told me, "Work now so you can rest later"or "Save now, so you can spend later". I remember in my high school economics class doing the math: if you save $20 a month every month starting when your 18 then by the age of whatever you'll be a millionaire.

Well these guys aren't millionaires. Technically, many are homeless. They have given God it all, and their retirement is no exception. They want to serve God till the last day. They know that the only thing they possess is today, and today they have turned over to their master.

I want to live like them. I want to give God my thirties, my forties, my fifties, my sixties, my seventies, my eighties, my nineties. Lord knows I may be a crippled old lady for most of that time, but I'll be a crippled old lady in love with Him.

Why do they do it?

Because they know He saved them.

Deep down in their hearts they know who they are and what they have been saved from. They are happy to be doing what they are doing, they would be miserable doing anything else, they are humble servants doing their duty . . . because they know Him . . . and He's worth it.

He's so extremely worth it. Nothing could have ever been more deserved by any person at any time for any reason. Jesus Christ is worth every penny I have and every day I live. Life in Him is more lifelike than any other life I have ever lived. He's the author of life, and He knows how to make it good. If you don't love Him, you probably just don't know Him.

Thank you Father, for the motivation you sent here from Montana. What a blessing. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts