All Eight Were GREAT!

This is one of the engagement pictures Luke and I took together in the summer of 2003 . . .
8 years ago.



This picture was taken today, June 14, 2011.


Since our wedding, we have earned a bachelor's degree, a doctorate, and masters degree.
We have lived in 4 places. 
We have had three children at home, one of which Luke delivered all by himself. (Well, technically I did most of the work, but you get the point)
We have had over a dozen employers.
We have dealt with a chronic, debilitating illness.
We have been members at 5 churches.
We have adopted numerous pets (all of which are either dogs or fish).
We have started our own business ~ go OJO!!
Just to name a few . . .

Despite all of the changes we have been through in the past 8 years, there has been one constant: each other.

Tonight as we prayed before dinner on our anniversary date, Luke thanked the Lord that we had grown closer to each other, and closer to Him. Then he asked God that we would continue to do just that.

 As I sit here and reflect on our life, I am filled with gratitude to the Lord. It is so easy to see God's hand when looking back, and often so difficult to see it in the moment.

It is my prayer and my hope that we will be willing to step up to the plate and do the things that the Lord has planned for us to do, and to do them together.

I married a good man, the best man I know.

Happy Anniversary Honey, I LOVE YOU!!!

Comments

  1. Like I said...two of my favorite superheroes. You guys are an amazing team. I know you will continue to use your powers for good. Love you much ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are adorable, and you look exactly the same!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts