Life Right Now

It may go without saying, but I'll say it anyway: since the birth of my 3rd child, my life has been a lot busy! I find myself with practically no time for this business of blogging! However tonight I am going to take a few moments to record my thoughts.

Having Michael is a wonderful blessing! He really is a happy baby, he makes all of those precious baby expressions, and all of the little baby noises. When he was younger his Dad would call him "Billy Goat" because of the noises he made, but now he's more of a cooer. He is growing so much! After wrestling his arms out of a onesie tonight I made the official decision that he's outgrown his 3 month clothes. He is content most of the time. He loves to give big smiles to anyone who will pay him an ounce of attention. He's been sleeping about 6-7 hours at night. He's awesome! He fits perfectly into this family, and I'm honored to be his Mama!

Matthew is a mess lately. He is deep into two-ness, which truly isn't all that bad. Here is an illustration. Today we were all eating watermelon. When the watermelon was gone, Matthew lost his will to live, fell on the floor, and cried the saddest cry you've ever heard. About this time I informed him that we would soon be eating spaghetti for dinner, at which point he grinned a huge smile from ear to ear, "we are!! YAY!!!" Then he continued to play happily. He's a cute, silly, mess! Who is so close to being potty trained . . . if he could just be a dependable potty pooper we'd be there!

Mandie is the sweetest thing on earth! A couple of months ago she decided to ask Jesus into her heart. Because she's only four, I didn't put a lot of pressure on her about this decision. I sort of played it down, in case it turned out that she simply had not understood what she had done. But she is quite sure that He's in there, and tonight she completely immersed herself in bathtub water and came up announcing that she had just baptized herself. For those of you who have ever seen Mandie try to go underwater at the pool, you know what a big deal this is! I really don't want to push her in this area, I want her decisions to follow the Lord to be her own decisions, but that girl knows what she wants, and she loves her Lord! I am so grateful for her heart for God!

Luke and I are great, for two completely exhausted individuals! This week was his first week at his new office. He really enjoys being there, but it does take a lot of work and a lot of time at the get-go. He has been so convicted throughout the process of changing offices that the Lord was completely guiding him to the place he is at now. Because of his assurance that this was God's will at God's time, it has been the most peaceful, non-stressful transition I could imagine. Why worry when your trust is in the Lord? Even if things don't go perfectly, we feel the Lord's will is being done, which is the ultimate goal anyway!

I started back at school this week. I'm only working 3 days a week from about 8 until noon. The schedule is ideal! I have a little window of time to nurse the baby just before it's time to teach. The group of kids at school is quite a mix. Some of them come from christian homes in which there parents are so caring and so in love with the Lord, others come from broken homes and bad choices by there parents. They are all there together, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the Lord grows the seeds inside these kids this year! Today at church our school janitor, and her husband were baptized. There son is in the kindergarten class at school. I love it when the Lord uses children to bring entire families to him!

Goodnight!

Comments

  1. Sweet friend. What a great update on the family. I loved reading it. What gifts our little ones are. And how beautiful life is. I am so happy for you and Luke and the new job change. May the Lord just bless the business abundantly. With much love, Cristina.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts