The Exception

Last night was not a regular night for us Haneys. Mandie and Matthew were both sick. Thank the Lord, they are rarely sick . . . but I guess last night was the exception. Mandie had a slight cough and a low grade fever, Matthew caught a stomach bug. At 10:30 he walked out into the living room where Luke and I were enjoying a bowl of popcorn, to inform us that he had spit up in his bed. The amount of throw up was almost indescribable, and for your sake I'll opt out of an effort to really make you see the picture. After a bath, new sheets, new jammies, and some teeth brushing Matthew was tucked snuggly back into bed. Luke and I thought we could settle back on the couch, except we had to repeat the above process 3 more times that night.

Usually when it's the middle of the night and I've been up taking care of my kid's, I get a little irritable. I think this is because of my desperate desire for sleep. But, last night must have been the exception . . . because by God's grace my witt's stayed intact throughout.

Later in the night, Mandie woke up coughing and wheezing a bit. Usually she's an awesome sleeper, but last night was the exception. After a little dose of medicine and some TLC she was back to dream land.

Michael has always been a great sleeper as well. In fact at around 3 months he was sleeping 12 hours a night most nights of the week. The last couple of weeks have really been the exception to that, because he's been cutting his first two teeth. Last night he was up at 4 for a quick meal, and then back to bed as well.

Man, having sick kids can be rough . . . although it is such a joy and a privilage to snuggle, and rock, and cuddle those snottly little babies in the middle of the night. Yes, that would definetly be the exception!

Comments

  1. Ellie has some kinda bug too. She has been sick for a week, and I was hoping she would get over by herself, but we are taking her in today. I hope yall get over your stuff fast! We miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sounds no fun...hope they stay well!!!! I hate throw-up too :( poor kiddos nothing worse than seeing your kids throwing up... Have a Merry Christmas too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently came across your blog and wanted to take a moment of your time to inquire about any guest posting opportunities that you may have on your blog. I've written an informational and educational article on the importance of early childhood education that I believe your readers of The Honey B. Blog would be interested in.

    Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.

    Emily
    epatterson@Primroseschools.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts